Friday 28 June 2013

5 km!!!!!!

This is a line in the sand moment for me. I am thrilled beyond believe.

After two years of practicing to run, starting with more  often walking than running, but never being able to do more than 2 minutes running on a treadmill even at a slowish pace without getting out of breath. I never thought it would change and stuck to it anyway, because I noticed that I was getting stronger - in body and in mind

{I}

the live long "not able to run wannaberunner"

did 5 km on the treadmill, without stopping and without getting out of breath and I managed to do it in just under 40 minutes.......... TWICE last week

Un-be-lievable. I am forcing myself to celebrate the moment because my mind immediately went to think on to what my next goal will be.Whatever it is, I know I can achieve it now.

Because I can run 5 km! Wohoooooooo

I am thanking my dogs who need a walk whatever the weather. And apart from really icy days we ran and walked and ran some more.

I set myself little goals to reach, one day I finally managed to get to that a gate, that was a bit of a break through and showed me that being able to run is also mental. I set my mind to a certain distance goal, I know what it looks like and I seem to be able to reach it more often than not.

Have I mentioned that I am tickled pink???

No comments: