Tuesday 2 December 2014

Travelling, Gallbladder stones and other gems

A much neglected blog due my work load in the last couple of years. My career hast taken off in a direction I could not have foreseen. I am travelling the world and making a good living. Score!

However, that does bring of course the problem that everything else is being neglected. My husband, my friends, my pets, my art, my house, my looking after myself......

I require better balance for the coming year and that includes honing my ability to say 'no', 'non', 'nein'. Apart from that I weigh about the same I have since I stopped smoking 12 years ago and still want to lose that weight.

After practising for nearly 3 years, I am now able to run 5 km without collapsing and quite often without stopping. Still love weightlifting and want to continue to smash my PB's.


I have been diagnosed with gallbladder stones and the start of a fatty liver. I am agonising over an operation to remove my gallbladder (my last attack was September and nothing since). I still have my thyroid and my tests remain normal to under active. I have a feeling that my thyroid gland is growing though. Both things I am actively doing something about but really REALLY want to avoid an operation in both cases.


There are several things I am focusing on every day this month:


  • 14000 steps 
  • Carbs stay under 100 gr
  • Time for Meditation and EFT 
  • 7+ hours of sleep (I really would like to say 8 hours ...)

as well as


  • 3 public 5 km runs (in addition to my morning runs in the forest with the dogs)
  • 10 body weight workouts
  • 4 trainer workouts
  • 20 alcohol free days

No comments: