Tuesday 22 January 2008

Burping

This is something I found out some time ago but either keep forgettting about or simply ignore. It seems our stomach gives us a little sign when it had enough food: a little burp, sometimes barely noticeable and sooooo easy to ignore because it is WAY earlier than I think I am full up.

But I know it probably is enough because I have sometimes had this experience in restaurants. We decide to order a starter and a main course. Starter comes - usually a moderate portion and I eat it with perhaps some of the bread available. Then the service slows right down and we wait ages for our main course. By the time it eventually turns up I am no longer hungry and could quite happily go without. This does never happen when the main course comes straight after the starter.

The lesson is to stop much earlier but I have always been a clear my plate quickly kind of girl. It is hard enough to leave a little bit back on each plate - I am practising!

No comments: