Wednesday 21 April 2010

One year on

Long time no write and soooooooooo much has happened. Lost a lot of the weight I had been hankering after for so long. Yeah to me!

But I also ended up beginning of January in Accident & Emergency with a pulse of 190 and irregular heart beat, hooked up to every monitor they had. I was 2 seconds away from them stopping my heart with an injection to stabilize it. My heart decided last minute to slow down and avoid that moment. SCARY

I have now been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called 'Graves disease' which attacks the thyroid with antibodies and the thyroid in turn goes overactive. Not a pleasant experience and a lesson to me to take full responsibility for my health. Armed with the right knowledge I could have avoided this toxic episode and saved my body (and G.) lots of stress. 20/20 hindsight vision......

Apart from that I am happier than I have ever, ever been. I have a whole family with one fab husband and two mad Springer Spaniel puppies who keep me entertained and grounded. Business has taken off and my self-belief is at an all time high. FAB!

No comments: